Relationship Building Skills (ages 11-13)
For: Middle School Students (Age: 11-13)
Middle school is a time of major social and emotional growth. You are becoming more aware of what’s happening in the world and how that affects you. You are developing a basic set of values, questioning opinions and your personality is unfolding. You are expanding your peer relationships and beginning to understand and experience more complex emotions and social situations. Learning how to build and maintain healthy and positive relationships during this crucial developmental stage is integral for your social and emotional well-being and it’s what this course is all about!
In this masterclass, you will develop the necessary skills to form and sustain healthy and rewarding relationships by participating in interactive activities and reflecting on your experiences in a safe and fun learning environment. By the end of this course you will have gained:
- the ability to communicate assertively;
- listen actively;
- cooperate effectively;
- build and maintain positive friendships;
- distinguish between healthy and toxic relationships;
- identify and resist inappropriate social pressure (peer pressure/bullying/cyberbullying);
- negotiate conflict constructively;
- evaluate and reflect on your relationships and relationship skills.
Course Type: Online course
Instructor: Vasiliki StefanouStart Date: Tuesday, April 25th 2023
End Date: Tuesday, May 30th 2023
Meeting Days/Time: Weekly Tuesday / 18.00 – 19.00 pm *
- Apr 25
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Deadline to Register: Friday, April 23rd 2023
* Time indicated is based on Athens, Greece time zone.