Adult English for Intermediate Level Learners (1)
This course is the first intermediate course and it focuses on developing language skills for early
intermediate level students of English. Language development is combined with building
improving skills transferable to everyday life and career. Students are progressively able to use the
English language for social, academic and professional purposes. Vocabulary building and grammar concepts involving the application of basic grammar tenses in speaking and writing, are consolidated in combination with fiction and non-fiction reading to acquire reading skills and comprehension, as well as to develop and enhance writing skills. Emphasis is placed on the four domains of the English language: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
By the end of Adult English for Intermediate Level Learners, the student will be able to use an emerging set of strategies to:
- identify the main topic in oral presentations and simple spoken and written texts
- retell a few key details.
- determine a central idea or theme in oral presentations and spoken and written texts
- retell key details
- answer questions about key details
- explain how the theme is developed by specific details in texts
- summarize part of a text.
Course Type: Online course
Instructor: Dr. Jenny Grigoropoulou
Start Date: Saturday, 4 February 2023
End Date: Saturday, June 17th
Meeting Days/Time: Tuesdays 20.00-21.00 & Saturdays 12.15-13.15 *
- Feb 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 28
Mar 4, 7, 11, 14, 21, 28
April 22, 25, 29
May 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
Jun 3, 6, 10, 13, 17
Deadline to Register: Thursday, February 2nd 2023
Complimentary for ACS Athens faculty or staff, please contact us at [email protected].
* Time indicated is based on Athens, Greece time zone.
There are no reviews yet.