HS: Human Rights – The Foundations (ages 14 – 18)
For: High School Students (Age: 14-18)
The chapter will lay down the most important notions on Human Rights. Students will study and appreciate how Human Rights impact different facets of their lives: the private and the public. The instructor will choose two important and modern worldwide issues and analyze them from a Human Rights perspective to offer students an alternative vision of a topic they heard/read about (i.e., the death of George Floyd, gender equality, Xinjiang internment camps, etc.).
Why take the course?
- gain knowledge on your own human rights
- understand the support system to defend your rights
- distinguish between violator and victim
- advance insights in social debates
- seek and offer help when needed
Course Type: Online course
Instructor: Gaia BarcilonStart Date: Saturday, March 4th
End Date: Monday, March 6th
- Mar. 4 (9-11am), 5 (9-11am), 6 (6-8pm) *
Deadline to Register: Thursday, March 2nd 2023
* Time indicated is based on Athens, Greece time zone.