- Degree in Mathematics, 2003, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Master of Science in Economic Mathematics, June 2006, National Technological University of Athens, Greece
- IB MATH TEACHER – MATH INSTRUCTOR/TEACHER, 2005 – Present, American Community Schools of Athens
- Math Instructor – Private Educational Institutions: Metehmio, Epignosi
- Senior Supervisor – Athens 2004, Olympic & Paralympic Games
- SAT Math Instructor for High School students – American Community Schools of Athens (ACS Athens)
- Instructor for Middle School & High School students for the “Gateway Program” – American Community Schools of Athens (ACS Athens)
- Computer science instructor for the Summer Camp program – American Community Schools of Athens (ACS Athens)
Ms. Katsiyianni is a student-centered Math Teacher with 10 years of experience, delivering teaching expertise, as well as optimizing student success, progress, and learning outcomes for 6th -12th graders. Qualifications include a Degree in Mathematics and MSc in Economic Mathematics. Creative and resourceful in adapting instructional strategies to meet unique student needs. Passion for education and an unwavering commitment to optimizing student and school success.
Open-minded in order to implement the best practices in class and always seeking the best professional development opportunities for the benefit of her students. She possesses several technical skills, including MS Office Suite, Moodle classes, Skyward, Google classroom, use of Interactive whiteboards, Geogebra, MATLAB, MathType, SPSS, Minitab, E-Views, C, and FORTRAN. Ms. Katsiyianni has also participated in many educational conferences and workshops. Among them the NESA conference in Instabul in 2015, where she presented her work: “Hooked on Mathematics”.
Ms. Katsiyianni has also participated in ACS Athens initiative to publish a book on its revolutionary blended teaching methodology titled Revolutionising K-12 Blended Learning through the i2flex Classroom Model (Avgerinou, Maria D., and Stefanos Gialamas, 2016).
- Avgerinou, Maria D., and Stefanos Gialamas. Revolutionizing K-12 Blended Learning through the i2flex Classroom Model. Information Science Reference, 2016. Co-Author for the Chapter: “Hooked on Mathematics”
- QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS (QTS) for the United Kingdom
- Teaching license in Secondary Education of Mathematics in the EU under the Council Directive 2005/36/EC
- MoodleMoot Conference in National Technological University of Athens Designing, implementing and evaluating K12 Blended Learning through the Quality Matters Framework: A Step-by-Step Approach (Nov 29-30, 2018)
- 9th International Conference in Open and Distance Learning Conference’s main subject: “Learning Design”
- Conference organized by “Ellinogermaniki Agogi” in Athens, Greece Conference’s main subject: “Innovation and Research in ODL and in ICT”
- NESA Conference, Istanbul, Turkey – Presentation title: “Hooked on Mathematics (Mar 20-23, 2015)