Head Coach at Cal Poly Pomona (California State Polytechnic University) Men’s Team
With his 16th season at the helm of the Cal Poly Pomona men’s basketball program in 2015-16, head coach Greg Kamansky has embodied philosophies of dedication, hard work, and talent in his coaching style.
During his entire tenure, Kamansky and the Broncos have accomplished unprecedented feats in the program’s 65-year history:
- Won the 2010 NCAA title (division2)
- Played in consecutive NCAA Championship games
- Nine NCAA Tournament berths
- Four Elite Eight appearances
- Four NCAA West Region titles
- More NCAA Elite Eight appearances (four) in the last 10 years than any other program in the country and more.
Coach Kamansky was named the 2010 National Coach of the Year (NABC and Division II Bulletin); he was also four-time CCAA Coach of the Year and three-time NABC West Region Coach of the Year (2008-09, 2009-10, and 2012-13).
Before coming to Cal Poly Pomona, Kamansky was an assistant men’s coach and assistant athletic director at Fresno Pacific from 1993-98 and prior to that, he was an assistant coach at the University of San Diego. As a player, he was a member of the University of California at San Diego men’s team for four years.